As you probably know, AHR’s Chicago show is the largest gathering of HVAC industry professionals in the country. They’re expecting more than 65,000 people at McCormick Place Monday, January 22 through Wednesday, January 24 and we’ll account for a few of them. We’re attending the show to take a look at the latest in HVAC product innovations and to hear from industry leaders the behind-the-scenes scoop on what they see on the horizon of our industry.
It’s our job to know what’s happening on the granular device and network level so that we can bring the best value and building automation innovation to our clients. This year, we’re encourage by the future-focused approach of vendors and show organizers alike. Here’s a few sessions we’ve definitely put on our agenda:
- Global Trends in HVAC This is a very big umbrella, but we’re curious how BSRIA Ltd. Handles the topic.
- The Future of Building Automation – Data at the Open Intelligent Edge Much of our work happens at the edge, and that edge is being asked to do a lot more these days. This is going to be an important session for tracking the changes.
- Integration Smart Buildings to the Smart Grid Breaking down silos is already a key theme for 2018. This session seems to be in line with that thinking.
- Are Master System Integrators Becoming the New Building Data Architect? This seems like a no-brainer.
On the whole, we’re product agnostic, approaching each job with an open mind to whatever devices the new or existing system will need to perform at its peak. This expo wouldn’t be as big or as bold as it is without the numerous manufacturers displaying their latest product lines so we do have our eyes on a few not-to-be-missed product showcases and booths. Here’s a quick rundown:
Belimo Sensor Technology – Setting the Stage to Create the Future [https://ahr18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/sessions/session-details.cfm?ScheduleID=21]
We like the wide adaptability of Belimo sensors, and also appreciate their ability to collect reliable data. We’re interested to see how they talk about what’s next for them.
- The Latest Innovation in Home/Building Thermostats There’s a lot of competition in this space lately. We think it’s always a good idea to hear from the big guys how they plan to compete.
- Live Site Monitoring: Track Your BACnet Network Health We’ve worked with Optigo on several new building projects. It’s always interesting to hear how they’re advancing their BACnet products.
- BACnet/IP Integration and Open Control with the BASintegrator Integrator is our name, and BACnet is the biggest game in town.
- Protecting the BAS. Secure the Data. Isolate Every Stream. We’ve also worked with IoTium on new building projects for securing operational technology networks. Although we’ve likely heard this talk before, it’s a really important reminder.
Of course, the biggest thing we look forward to with each Chicago AHR is the personal connections we make with existing and future clients. We’re planning lots of one-on-one meetings and we’d love to connect with you. To get the conversation started, contact us through email@example.com.